Neurotoxins are the gold standard treatment in elimination of wrinkles caused by excessive and repeated facial expressions and muscle movement. Anti-wrinkle injections are a safe and effective treatment with no downtime used by millions of people worldwide.
They are intended to reduce the appearance of lines on your face by giving you a more rejuvenated, softer, and brighter appearance. In the majority of cases, patients wish to reduce the dynamic lines on their forehead and around their eyes. Furthermore, anti-wrinkle injections are used for the lines around the eyebrows, nose, and mouth, as well as to provide a smoother look to the chin and to relax the jawline. It is also possible to polish the neck bands.
Skinnovation Laser Clinic employs only certified professionals who utilize only FDA/TGA approved materials and equipment, meaning that our anti-wrinkle injections are completely safe and will deliver the best possible results.Request an appointment
About the Procedure
During the procedure, a fine needle is used to block the chemical signal that is sent from the brain to the muscle, instructing it to contract. An effective anti-wrinkle injections treatment relaxes and lifts the muscle, which results in a tighter and smoother appearance.
Anti-wrinkle Injections Benefits
Patients opt for anti-wrinkle injections when they wish to see relatively quick results in terms of:
- Softening their expression lines, including smile lines around their mouth and crow’s feet which appear in the eye area.
- Restoring their facial balance.
- Reducing wrinkles and preventing future ones from deepening by relaxing the muscle.
Most commonly treated concerns include:
- Perioral lines that appear around the lips as a result of a minimised production of collagen and elastin. They run from the top of the lip line up to the nose and down to the chin.
- Nasolabial folds which run from the nose to the mouth and can be minimised with anti-wrinkle injections that lift your cheeks.
- Marionette lines that go from the corner of the mouth to the chin.
- Crows feet which appear around your eyes. Anti-wrinkle injections will allow you to maintain the natural movement of this area while smoothening the lines.
- Glabellar lines, ie. frown lines that appear between the eyebrows, which depth can be significantly reduced with injectables.
How to Prepare for the Treatment
A week before the treatment, patients should avoid undergoing chemical peels and needling procedures.
We advise getting in touch with Skinnovation Laser Clinic to consult with our certified dermatologist on the details. It is also recommended that you inform us of your medical history, skin issues, or medications you are currently taking.
Recovery Time and Results
Anti-wrinkle injections take no time to recover from. However, it is advisable to avoid exercise and facial treatments, rubs, or massages on the treated area for 24 hours. You are also advised not to lay down horizontally for 4 hours upon the treatment and to maximise facial activity the first half an hour after the treatment.
In some cases, the results can be seen already after 1 treatment, but in most cases, it takes between three to ten days for the final result to be evident. The patient is advised not to repeat the treatment during that time.
Around two weeks after the treatment, we will schedule a consultation to review the results.
The effects can last up to three to four months, but should the patient decide to undergo anti-wrinkle injections treatment regularly, the dosage can be reduced.
Schedule an Appointment
Anti-wrinkle injections are used by millions of people worldwide. They are non-invasive and require minimal downtime but can produce highly-effective results.
To find out more and discuss the best approach to your concerns, contact Skinnovation Laser Clinic. Our certified experts are at your disposal to answer any questions you may have and discuss the best plan of action that will result in the most optimal outcome.Request an appointment
- How long does it take to work?
Normally takes 2-3 days to work with optimal results seen after 7-10 days. It usually lasts between 3 – 4 months.
- Is it painful?
The injections are relatively painless and are over very quickly. Most people can tolerate injections comfortably. A very fine needle is used to ensure maximal comfort. Ice can be used if the patient prefers.
- Are there any side effects?
There are side effects as with any medical treatment, however, they are minimal. There is a risk of bruising, infection, headache, double vision, and eyelid and brow ptosis (all of these are very rare and temporary).
- I don't want to have the frozen look, I just want to be rejuvenated? is that possible?
Yes definitely. The aim of our treatment is to give you the most natural look possible. We want your friends and family to say you look refreshed not overdone! This is why at Skinnovation Laser Clinic we formulate a specialised treatment plan tailored to you, taking into consideration the look you want to achieve.